Litmus Mockups Achieves Fast Turnarounds with UV Inkjet Print and Cut Technology
Litmus Mockups, a pioneer of packaging mockup and prototyping, was started by two members in Yorkshire in 2012 and has grown through the introduction of multiple digital printing devices, based upon deep knowledge and experiences of reprographics and printing, into a 20 people. The company now has an office in London and a large 10,000-square-foot production facility in Hull. Litmus Mockups provides high-quality, fast, and color-accurate packaging services ranging from flexible packaging, folding-carton boxes, shrink sleeves, prime labels, corrugated e-commerce packaging and more for brand owners and creative agencies.
- Use of the Digital Solution
They utilize a VersaUV LEC-540 UV inkjet printer/cutter, to create realistic packaging prototypes and mockups in a short period of time, using a wide range of materials used in production printing.
- Comparison of Before and After Solution Implementation
- – Clients usually request mockups the next day or the same day, however, it took 2 to 4 days to produce design prototype for a standard folding-carton packages when it was made with traditional printing and processing techniques, such as flexo, screen printing, cold and hot foiling, varnishing, and so on.
- – Same day to next day delivery is now possible, even with the special effects like foils, spot varnishes and embossing.
- – Services using both traditional and digital printing techniques offer the best solutions for customers’ needs.
- Reason for Choosing This Solution
- – Special printing expressions can be realized in a very short time.
- – Can print on virtually any material used for variety of packaging and labelling applications.
- – Color-accurate mockups and prototypes can be produced thanks to the unique and intuitive color management technology available with the RIP software VersaWorks included in the package.
- Plans for the Future
Litmus Mockups is enhancing packaging mockup and prototype services by adopting the latest digital technologies such as 3D printing and CGI (computer generated imagery) to meet wider customer demands, continuing to develop their service portfolio for the future.
User Case Stories：PackagingView More
Solution Examples： PackagingView More
How to Quickly Produce a Variety of High-end, Foil-stamped Package Prototypes On Demand
Mock-up Production of Shrink-Wrapped Packaging Using Flexible UV Ink
How to Easily Match Brand Colors with Pantone Specifications
On-demand Mock-up Production on Thin Flexible Packaging Film